Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is the leading cause of death for infants. This video’s compassionate and positive tone will reassure parents, while reflecting current American Academy of Pediatrics safety guidelines and recommendations to help reduce the risk of SIDS.
- Back Sleeping
- Safe Sleep Environment
- Pacifiers for Sleep
- Smoking and Alcohol
- Avoiding Overheating
- Well-Baby Visits
Updated in 2013 to reflect current American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) safety guidelines and recommendations, this DVD gently guides new parents through seven easy steps that help reduce the risk of SIDS.
- Proven benefits of breastfeeding
- Safe mattress and crib recommendations
- Importance of well-baby visits and vaccinations
- Reducing the risk with good prenatal care
- Avoiding products that claim to reduce the risk of SIDS
Comes with downloadable Parent Handouts. English edition has closed captions. (15 min.)
Winner of a Silver Award (Health Promotion/Disease & Injury Prevention Information).