Más Vale Prevenir… (An Ounce of Prevention) DVD
from Gold Bell Productions
In a personable, down-to-earth style, health-care providers and people from a variety of Spanish-speaking countries address important parenting topics:
- Prenatal care, including nutrition
- Well-child care
- Adult checkups
- Proper use of medications
- Importance of immunizations
- Dental health
- Risks of obesity, including diabetes and nutritional risks
- Healthy lifestyles
- Navigating the US healthcare system, proper use of the ER, etc.
- Appropriate use of interpreters
- And more
The video is designed so that it can be shown all at once, or viewed in short segments for classes and home visits.
Created with the participation of University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics; Utah Department of Health; Community Health Centers, Salt Lake City; Comunidades Unidas, and Salt Lake City.
In Spanish with English subtitles/captions. (58 min.)