Raising Smart, Inspired, and Engaged Kids in a Screen-Filled World
by Angela C. Santomero, M.A., with Deborah Reber
What if the secrets to your pre-schoolers’ success could be found in their favorite TV shows?
As the creator of award-winning children’s TV shows including “Blue’s Clues,” “Super Why!,” and “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood,” Angela Santomero has spent decades instilling confidence in her preschool-age viewers by helping them learn critical thinking skills, fostering empathy, and nurturing their sense of self-worth. In Preschool Clues, she brings parents and educators behind the scenes of her shows, revealing 11 research-based “clues” that lay the groundwork for a young child’s academic, social, and emotional growth.
With her practical approach, she’ll help you:
- Let go of screen-time guilt and design a healthy media diet
- Embrace the power of the Pause to help your preschoolers find their voice
- Become fluent in the universal language of play
- Find the extraordinary in the ordinary
- In Preschool Clues, Santomero shares the latest research from top thinkers in child development and education. Written in an inspiring and conversational tone, this book will help you understand exactly what your children are learning from the shows they watch and why these shows are so effective—plus how to apply these same proven approaches in your daily life and with the same powerful results. (298 pp.)