(Active Parenting of Teens)
by Michael H. Popkin, Ph.D.
This series of 6 videos, dubbed in Spanish, provides parents with the skills tey need to meet the challenges of parenting in today’s turbulent society, including tools for communicating with teens and risk prevention. It is designed for parents of ‘tweens and teens. See Program Description for more information about program content, including sample video. Series is also available in English.
With this one-year subscription to the Online Video Library (OVL), parents can watch these videos any time, anywhere. All they need is an Internet connection — and an access code from you.
Videos in the series:
- El Padre Activo (“The Active Parent”) (32 min.)
- Ganando Cooperación (“Winning Cooperation”) (24 min.)
- Responsibilidad y disciplina (“Responsibility and Discipline”) (29 min.)
- Construyendo valor, Redireccionando la mala conducta (“Building Courage, Redirecting Misbehavior”) (34 min.)
- Drogas, sexualidad y violencia: Reduciendo los riesgos; parte 1 (“Drugs, Sexuality, and Violence: Reducing the Risks, part 1”) (24 min.)
- Drogas, sexualidad y violencia: Reduciendo los riesgos; parte 2 (“Drugs, Sexuality, and Violence: Reducing the Risks, part 2”) (30 min.)
Each video comes with downloadable discussion guidelines and a reproducible Parent’s Tips Sheet in Spanish. (Click here to access the download files.)
The series is available online or on DVD. A discount on the online series is available if purchased in conjunction with the Program Kit, Lunch & Learn Kit, or set of 6 DVDs.
Note: Online Video Libraries are intended for in-home viewing. Use of the Online Video Libraries requires a signed agreement (see terms and conditions). Ordering the OVL initiates the process but does not provide instant access.
If you would like to use the OVL to teach classes virtually, see our Virtual Classroom Packages.